Thursday 1 December 2016

MEMORY LIKE A SIEVE

Share it Please
It is a well-known fact that I have an awful memory. My friends know me for not replying to messages (my friend Emma likes to say “you’ll wait 3 to 5 business days for a reply” about it) and for promising to make phone calls and not. It’s not that I do it on purpose or that I have a problem, but it is the best way for me to piss someone off. My favourite forgetful thing right now is turning around to walk somewhere and as soon as I have pivoted… (PIVOT!) I’ll have forgotten what on earth it was that I was going to do or get or go. It’s ridiculous. And so it makes perfect sense that I am the owner of a blog that I completely forgot about for a year and a half.

It’s currently December 1st, and my family have spent the day putting out mouse traps and decorating the tree. We’ve had a difficult year and I don’t see it getting better in the near future – but it’s the holidays and no matter what trouble we have in the house, the festive period is always jolly enough and we go out of our way to get on. This is the first year I’ve gone absolutely all out on my presents for my family. My sister has two lots of concert tickets, my best friends have tickets to see Tom Parker (of The Wanted fame, my boo) in Grease. Mum is going to be the proud owner of a coffee machine, Graham some lovely whiskey and my brother a whole heap of DVD boxsets. It’s nice to have had a full time job and give them those things that they would love.

Whilst we’re on the updating… I quit two jobs this year. The first being the one I got four days after moving home from university after 9 months for something with better development opportunities, and the second being the one I left last week after 6 months in hopes to use free time to volunteer in the social care sector. I will be on my way to a social work masters in the next five years!

Whether or not I forget about this blog for another year and a half, it has a new title and a new feel to it. I don’t care about horrible bosses. I don’t care about bitchy workplaces. I care about politics, fluffy animals, warm jumpers and my morning cup of tea.

RIP Karma’s a Badword


 xo Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow