Sunday 4 December 2016

BLOGMAS 4 | TREAT YOURSELF

Share it Please
Spoiler alert... I spent a lot of money at Boots this week. After a haul on Cyber Monday, I still felt like I didn't have enough new things in my collection and I had completely forgotten the one thing that I actually needed to repurchase - of course! Off I toddled to Lakeside for a few hours out and £97 (NINETY SEVEN!!!) later, I was a new woman. A poor woman, but a new one. I've since misplaced the receipt so I'll go by the prices online and I'm going to smush both of my hauls together without the toiletries and Christmas gifts that I got for people. As I know they've been reading up on this here blog of mine.

First off, I don't own a good camera and the lighting in my bedroom is comparable to absolute shit at 2am when I just so decides to take these - let's also not get at how I have no idea how to photograph my hand for swatches or in general. We can all agree that I shan't be the next big beauty blogger unless I pay someone to take snaps for me. I don't have the eye for it at all. So, please, forgive me for the atrocity that is to follow...


Why did I think adding a scrunchie would be a good idea? Oh so not artistic...
Let's begin with the "bullet products" as I have taken to calling them -- also a reason I didn't buy a lipstick was that the packaging was too "bullet-like". Whatever is my mentality? I love the formula of the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour and so I picked up another two, in a red red colour and a nice nude. The only thing that bothers me about this is that they are branded as 'matte' when they are everything but matte. I purchased initially thinking they were a liquid lipstick and would totally dry down, but not at alllllll. Really excited to try the red one this month as I'm a proper fan of a bright red lip, yaaaaaas queen. 

Remember what I said about not being able to take photos of swatches??
The second picture in this pair is actually my favourite picture I took in the entire thing and I'll let you in on a secret...the base?? That's a scarf - oops. I can't even use a nice floor in the house because we have four dogs and they shed everywhere! So yes, very very excited to try, yay. Tah, Revlon!

Nothing to say. No confessions. Wish there was.. Soz.
Everyone and their mother has tried to get me to look at colour correcting stuff, and to be honest I didn't think it would do anything for me because my skin is literally the worst it has been in years recently. But there was a free gift if you spent £15 on Soap and Glory items, so of course I picked a little something something up... They felt creamy when I swatched them - haven't used them yet but maybe in January I'll do a 're-haul' and see how I've come to like the products I picked up. These are smaller than I thought they would be for some reason... ??? Just me???

Throwback to when I thought I was artistic as fuck for getting other products in the reflection. Ooh. Aah.
The whole reason I even went into Boots was because I had forgotten to repurchase the Maybelline Anti-Age Eraser Eye concealer blah blah whatsit. Still not a fan of the awful applicator - seriously, it doesn't change the way it applies and it's absolutely disgusting that I just throw mine away when I get half way through so I can get a new one... Love this for under my eyes when I'm not wearing too much of a full coverage foundation. And another repurchase was the Rimmel Brow This Way Clear Brow Gel, an absolute holy grail product for me. I didn't know what brow gel was a year ago and now I can't do anything without it. Love this one. It's affordable and doesn't make my brows go crispy like a few others do. 

Still pretending to be artistic as hell...
Seventeen's Define and Conquer Contour Kit has been something I've seen here and there on blogs and Youtube and to be honest, I never thought much of it. The contour colour looks like it could have been a bit warm for me and the pale shade really does absolutely nothing for anyone. However, I tried it out today and I think I like it. It doesn't look too muddy like my Sleek one, but it can be built up and it's really subtle - which is a look I have been wanted to go for instead of my gross mishaps prior to this. Really enjoyed using it today and maybe it'll become a staple!

Why are liquid swatches so gross????
I've been wanting to try a bb cream for a while now, my skin has been a horrible mess of dry, oily and awful breakouts of eczema and acne for a while. I have no idea if it's the foundation I was using or the harsh weather we've been having. Either way, I wanted to give my face a break, but also not go with nothing on. I really thought that the Rimmel BB Cream in 'Radiance' would be a more watery consistency as it was supposed to give you a dewy-glowy finish...however, the watery of the two was the matte. Maybe it's just me that thought that would be the way.. Haven't tried the radiant version yet, will probably do in the week. The matte version is more full coverage than I thought -- maybe I just wasn't very clued in on bb creams?? I liked it. It's durable and lightweight and I haven't felt myself having to check the mirror every few minutes for creasing or worrying about scratching my entire makeup look off when I had an itch.

Oh man I could not get these pictures right AT ALL...
I love the formula of Revlon nail varnishes, and last year my Christmas look was ALL about them. This year, I wanted to pick up another bottle of Rebel Graffiti -- which I'm sure was the name of my red one!!! -- however it was black and white this year. But I still picked it up because I'm interested to see what I can do with that. I've been looking for a dark blue for a while, so I picked up a colour called Urban too. And of course, you can't have Christmassy nails without accent nails of gold and Essie do beauuuutiful glitter colours, yes! Very very excited.

I also picked up some Soap and Glory body washes and Aussie hair stuff, just because I was running low. And oh so sneaky Christmas presents too.. hehe!

Products Mentioned:
* Boots.co.uk product prices are correct, as of December 3rd, 2016
Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour in Seduction (nude): £8.99
Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour in (red): £8.99
Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer in Fake Awake (yellow): £8.00
Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer in All Is Calm (green): £8.00
Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer in Just Bright (purple): £8.00
Seventeen Define and Conquer Contour Kit: £5.99
Rimmel London BB Cream Radiance in light: £6.99
Rimmel London BB Cream Matte in light: £6.99
Revlon Nail Enamel in Rebel Graffiti (black and white): £6.49
Revlon Nail Enamel in Urban (blue): £6.49
Essie Nail Polish in Rock At The Top (gold): ??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow