Thursday 1 December 2016

BLOGMAS 1 | SWEATER WEATHER TAG

Share it Please


Post 2 of today, well aren't I on a roll? After pressing submit on my last post, I tucked into a takeaway with my family and sat thinking about what posts I could do over December that would set a light under my creativity and everything would come together and I would be a one woman blogging show and every thought and feeling I had would be documented right here for all to see. BLOGMAS, my bloglovin' subscription yelled at me! Blogmas is the written version of the highly anticipated Vlogmas over on Youtube and I hadn't heard of it before now. Apparently it has been happening for a while, but that matters not. Here, over on Shannie Lou Who?! is Blogmas 2016. The first of many?? I don't have a complete outline of what I want to write, nor if I will post something christmassy everyday. Maybe it will just be a photo round up of my day or a recipe that I've used before because I'm having a boring day...or I've had an interview - I have a few of those coming up... We shall see!

To begin, I'm going to do something quick, seeing as it's coming up to 10pm and I'm craving my bed and Gilmore Girls (no, I still haven't got to the new season. I started another rewatch in the summer and season 5 is all I've gotten to!) 

THE SWEATER WEATHER TAG! Now, I saw this over on Louise Rose Railton's blog when I was looking for some Blogmas ideas at last minute. I noticed that Louise started Blogmas last minute last year and think she has such a cute blog over there, so thanks for ideas, Louise!

1. Favourite candle scent?I'm partial to any sort of rustic smell around this time of year, but my all time favourite is one I picked up at Home Bargains - Lime & Cilantro scented, yum! Currently, I've been burning my Yankee Candle that my friend Zoe got me for Christmas last year in the scent Christmas Eve. It's delicious smelling and I have a slight love for the flicker of a flame dangerously bouncing next to my book shelf. Living life on the edge, as always.

2. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?Now, I love all three options...but I have to be in certain moods. I'll have a coffee if it's the only thing available or if I buy it from Starbucks or Costa. Most of the times, I'll make myself a tea in the morning and my Mum will make me a big mug when I've just woken up. I'm never not in the mood for a cup of home made tea. Store made just doesn't cut it for me.. Hot chocolate, however!! Doesn't everyone love a mug of hot chocolate (made with all milk and none of that boiling water nonesense) with whipped cream and marshmallows and chocolate sauce? It can't just be me!

3. What’s the best fall memory you have?Watching the American transition between Thanksgiving to Christmas in merely 24 hours last year. Holy heck was it delightful! I felt like I was watching a battle of the festivities. 

4. Which make up trend do you prefer: dark lips or winged eye liner?Dark lips, but only because I can't do a wing liner well at all... However, I also don't suit dark lips well. Ay yi yiiiiiiiiii.

5. Best fragrance for fall?
I'm a fragrance whore and I don't choose one to go with a time of year. If I like the smell of something, I'll use it until I find something I like better. There's a reason that I have multiple perfumes on the go for such a long period of time. Right now, I'm loooooving Marc Jacob's Daisy. Love heart eyes emoji for dayyyys.

6. Favourite Thanksgiving food?
Thanksgiving isn't a thing here in the UK (obvi), but when I encountered it last year when with my bestie Nicolle I was a total fan of the sweet potatoes. And everything else because I love food -- of course, look at me!

7. What is autumn weather like where you live?
British. It's cold, it rains and some days the sun is out and you think you can go outside without 50 layers and oh ho ho...you cannot! 

8. Most worn sweater?
I'll wear jumpers until they go threadbare and my Mum makes me get rid of them, but looking at my collection right now, it's probably my Ariana Grande 'Love Me Harder' one from Amazon. I got my sister and I both one so we could wear them in the run up to the tour but I already live in mine. It's the perfect combination of covered up and harbouring warmth, and not making me need to strip as soon as I walk anywhere.

9. Must-have nail polish this fall?
Dark berry reds with an accent nail of gold - love it!

10. Football games or jumping in leaf piles?
Jumping in leaf piles, obvi.

11. Skinny jeans or leggings?
I was going to say leggings because I love how comfortable they are, but as I've gotten older I've realised completely how unflattering they are and how much I could only wear them if I was wearing a dress or indoors or was a size 0. LEGGINGS HATE PLUS SIZE GIRLS.

12. Combat boots or uggs?
Combat boots all the way. I religiously wore Primark fluffy boots during my college years and the first year of my university education...never again! 

13. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?
Nah.

14. Favourite fall TV show?
I'm A Celebrity always airs between October and December and it's become a staple in my house for years now. I think we collectively as a nation have crushes on Ant and Dec together, right? 

15. What song really gets you into the fall spirit?
ANYTHING Michael Bublé or Kelly Clarkson, yo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Follow on Bloglovin'

Follow